Saturday, April 25, 2009

Mission in Minnesota- Day 1!


Well, we have completed Day One of service of our Mission in Minnsesota/ND and I am very, very, very tired! After getting up at 5:30am this morning and driving 3.5 hours up to Moorhead, we spend the day moving sandbags! Now it is after midnight and I am finally heading to bed.

We went to two different homes today, helping out some elderly folks who were unable to take down all of the sandbags that had been put up around their homes to prevent flooding. I can't remember exactly how many we moved in total, but I know for a fact that we moved over 1,400 at the first house alone- it was hard work, and we got dirty, but it felt good to know that we were a part of helping to return life back to normal for a few folks who have been through such an emotional experience. And I am telling you, we all appreciated our shower and dinner tonight! The whole team did such great work today- trudging through even after they were feeling worn out. And then we were reminded that we may have been doing this for an afternoon, but these people had been living this for weeks. It's a humbling thing to recognize. In the end, we are so grateful that we were able to serve Delores, Bud, and Cherry in God's name and let them know that we care. The pictures from today are priceless and here are just a few- I think they'll tell the story much better than I can at the moment:










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that last photo made me a little misty eyed :)

Good job everyone!
L.B.S

Nick and Chrissie said...

You guys make me so proud to own a pink EPIC shirt!!

Nick Simas