Tuesday, August 5, 2008

WIRED!!!!

So the Western States Youth Gathering was officially amazing! The theme was "Wired: Live Connected" and we learned about the way that God has connected all of us together.

Even though I was really busy being one of the MC's, I still had a few chances to hang out with our group in the hotel and hear about everything they were doing. Besides going on late night medicine runs to Valu-Plus and going to both Six Flags and Knott's Berry Farm, our group also went to mass gatherings, workshops, and even enjoyed Kevin singing a little karaoke. (Savannah, I totally need that video!) Here is a picture of us on the stage by the "magic" glowing orb from Session 3.

The whole event made me so proud to be a Lutheran Youth Pastor. I love the way that the over 1,000 kids who were there were such a fun and gracious group who cared about worshiping God and reaching out to help others in need. I only cried once, backstage, and I am going to blame that on the lack of sleep and maybe just a little bit on how humbled and honored I was to be a part of such an amazing, Christ-centered event.

Peace, Pastor Sarah

No comments: